A couple of weeks ago started the tapering process before running my marathon. This makes sure your legs and body are fresh after all the training. But, let me tell you, when I ran the first Monday after running 20+ miles, the eight miles on the the training schedule felt like anything but a tapering process. Fast forward a couple of weeks and a couple of half marathons later and this final week before the marathon is a very light load. Monday will be a five mile speed work day followed by a four mile day, a two mile day, and a one mile day on the Saturday before the marathon. These last few days I will be working on my starting pace. I'll be starting at a slow 12min 45sec mile and slowly increasing the pace to finish the marathon in about 5hours and 15 to 30 minutes. I've already determined to spend the next year working on increasing my overall speed. The goal of this marathon is just to finish.
The pictures over the last several weeks have been hard to take. Most, if not all, of the training runs have finished before the sun comes up. The picture in this post was on a foggy morning with sky illuminated from Springfield about 10-15 miles away.
Comments
Post a Comment