Monday
Today is labor day here in the US and I put my weekend long run off until today. When I run at my MAF pace it makes my long runs take forever. My MAF (Maximun Aerobic Function) pace dictates that I keep my heart rate at around 130bpm for this 50 year old runner. Today's run was a 20 mile run and it took me just a little over 5 hours to complete. I started off at a very easy pace keeping my heart rate at around 120. I gradually picked up the pace for each of the first 10 miles. Abd tried to keep it steady after that. Unfortunately, my smart watch died at around 15 miles, because I forgot to charge the day before. The charge normally last for 2-3 days. So, I'm not sure how the heart rate did for the last five miles. But, I did end up walking the two miles. Averaged around an 11:30 minute/mile.
Since, my training schedule is off a little this week, I will probably do some cross training tomorrow morning and let my legs and feet have a recovery day. Then I'll be working on some speed drills later this week. This coming weekend I am scheduled for a 10K race, so I also want to make sure my legs are fresh for the race.
For breakfast we had bacon, sausage links, and scrambled eggs and few strawberries and blackberries. Then had some pork rinds and sour cream and chive dip for a snack later on. For dinner we had chicken soft tacos using low carb tortillas.
For the run this morning I didn't plan ahead very well and didn't have quite enough water, so that negativity impacted the last few miles of the run. Also, didn't have anything for nutrition either. Normally for my long runs of more than six miles I also like to bring along a few nuts and I didn't bring that either.




Comments
Post a Comment