Battle Ground Tuesday
This morning the training run was an all out battle. It was what should of been an easy six mile run. But, as I think about that statement, just a little over a year ago a six mile run would have been impossible for me. I guess it really all depends on your perspective. We all have things in our life that are battles that seem impossible. This morning, for me, that thing was a six mile run and it is not like I haven't done more six mile runs than I count. The real battle was part of the war that goes on in our minds all the time. It was one of those mornings when just stepping outside causes you to sweat, the air was very thick, heavy and muggy. My muscles were still recovering from the weekends long run and yesterday's seven mile run. My mind was telling me every step of the way to just stop, to just quit right now, just to give up. Every step, every movement was painful.
We all deal with negative self thoughts. Thoughts that say you can't do this, you're not good enough, you'll never make it. It's exactly when you have these thoughts that you have to keep going, to keep moving forward. This is when the real work begins and when the real progress starts.
As they say in fearless motivation, the biggest battle of all time was not fought in Africa, it was not fought in America, nor was it fought in World War 1 or 2. The greatest battle of all time is the battle of the mind and it is fought every day. Even if you don't win the battle everyday, I want you to fail forward and get up the next day and fight the battle again. Don't give up, don't give in, but be transformed by renewing your mind daily. When you change your mind, YOU can change the world.
If you need someone to be on your side as you do battle let me know and I will help you. Also, I can tell you about a friend who will stick closer than a brother.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


Comments
Post a Comment