Thursday
Today's training run was a seven mile run. As I was running, I realized my normal training runs are now what I considered my long runs on the weekends. To that end, this weekends training run will be an 18 mile run. This will definitely be pushing the limits of my longest runs so far. But, I feel confident in being able to complete the run, although I'm sure there will be some pain and discomfort along the way. Earlier this week was a hill sprint work out designed to increase overall speed. It's kind of like doing high intensity interval training on a Stare Master. Yesterday's run was a 4 mile run. As the length of the runs increase, I find my biggest challenge is just finding the time fit the runs into my schedule. So, this usually means that to fit the longer runs in on the weekdays, I have to adjust my wake up times to be even ealier. This mornings run started at 4:00am, so I could be back in time to see my son off on his first day back to school. He is a senior this year and they had a Sunrise with Seniors event to kick off their school year, so he had to be at school a couple of hours earlier than normal. Normally for a run this long I would of started at around 5:00am instead of 4:00am. I'm not the fastest runner in the world by any stretch of the imagination, so it takes me a little longer to rack up the miles.
Today's training run was a seven mile run. As I was running, I realized my normal training runs are now what I considered my long runs on the weekends. To that end, this weekends training run will be an 18 mile run. This will definitely be pushing the limits of my longest runs so far. But, I feel confident in being able to complete the run, although I'm sure there will be some pain and discomfort along the way. Earlier this week was a hill sprint work out designed to increase overall speed. It's kind of like doing high intensity interval training on a Stare Master. Yesterday's run was a 4 mile run. As the length of the runs increase, I find my biggest challenge is just finding the time fit the runs into my schedule. So, this usually means that to fit the longer runs in on the weekdays, I have to adjust my wake up times to be even ealier. This mornings run started at 4:00am, so I could be back in time to see my son off on his first day back to school. He is a senior this year and they had a Sunrise with Seniors event to kick off their school year, so he had to be at school a couple of hours earlier than normal. Normally for a run this long I would of started at around 5:00am instead of 4:00am. I'm not the fastest runner in the world by any stretch of the imagination, so it takes me a little longer to rack up the miles.
For lunch I had a grilled chicken salad with italian dressing and handful of almonds. For dinner it was a side salad, green beans and portobello mushroom and sauteed onion topped grilled chicken at Texas Roadhouse.

Comments
Post a Comment