Skip to main content

Marathon Training - Wednesday

Wednesday

Some days your runs are easy. Some days the same runs are hard.  Today was one of those hard days.  It felt like my feet were made of lead and my legs were made of unbendable iron.  It's one of those days you have to battle through every mile. The legs and feet were stiff, the stomach was cramping, the mind was not wanting to continue.  

The thing you learn on these days is the power to never quit.  It is all part of training the quit out of you.  You have to remember and embrace the attitude of a champion and victory everyday and not just to aim for victory.  Completing this run was definitely a victory.

Today I was planning on fasting the entire day.  But, my wife needed to get out distress a little, so we went out for lunch and I just had a simple grilled chicken salad.  Sometimes you have to remember even during your training you still have to think of your family too.

Then after lunch I had a bowl of whipped heavy cream with cocoa powder, swerve and some pecans.  This has become one my downfalls and I am trying to really limit this keto snack, because if I am not careful it puts me way over my calorie  limit for  the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday -Lunch

We went out for lunch today and I ordered a Steak House Salad.  I would estimate it 3-4 cups salad, 6 oz. steak and ranch dressing.  Sometimes the problem with eating out is figuring out all the macros.  I estimate it to be around 600 -800 calories

Marathon Training - Week 2

Monday - Rain Today started week 2 of marathon training.   Today was a speed work day. On the schedule for today, was 3 sets of 1 mile runs at my 5K race pace. I did some stretches this morning before running which seemed to aggravate my ankle just a little.  Just for a little added challenge, it was raining with a blowing wind today.  It was a fairly warm 72F, so at least it wasn't a cold rain. I find that running in the rain helps your mental game by training your mind to deal with adversity.  It also helps you boost confidence. Suddenly when your the only one out running and you don't see any of the normal people you see out running you feel all the more like the toughest runner. For lunch, I had keto nachos made with pork rinds, hamburger, mozzarella cheese, and sour cream.  For dinner, we had pot roast and broccoli.

Marathon Training - Week Three

Sunday - Rest Day This week the milage jumps up.  On Monday and Wednesday I'll be running six miles and on Tuesday and Thursday five miles. Then on Saturday it will be 12 miles.  There may be some sweet equity involved this week. In any case today is a rest day.  So, this evening I will just be doing some stretching to get the muscles relaxed for this week. For lunch today I had steak and eggs and then afterwards are a few pecans.  If all goes as planned this should be my only meal for the day. Marathon training does require you to be extreme.  But it does requires daily consistency to slowly building up your endurance to achieve the extreme. Remember to Keep Calm and Keto On!