Weekends in the runners world are reserved for the long runs. This morning for me was a seven mile run. There is section of the road I use for my long runs that has an ominous name of the devils staircase. You have to run several miles to get to it and once you a there it is nothing but up and down steep ozark mountain hills for miles and miles. Here are some pictures of the devils staircase.
Eventhough this long run is suppose to be done at an nice easy aerobic pace, be sure your heart rate will spike and you will be gasping for air going up these hills. If you need to find me on an early Saturday morning you can usually find me playing on the staircase.
At least it was a cool morning.
After I got back home and cooled off for a few minutes I finished up the weed eating around our house. Then finally came in and took a shower and made a late breakfast for everyone.
This morning for breakfast (more like brunch) I had some sausage, bacon, ham and a couple of scrambled eggs. After clearing the table and finishing the dishes I treated myself to a large hot chocolate made with almond milk, unsweetend cocoa powder, and stevia. For dinner I had a loaded house salad.




Comments
Post a Comment