I just finished a three day fast and feeling pretty good. Went out for lunch today with my wife. Just had some salad and soup. Unfortunately. I'm thinking the soup, vegetable beef soup, may of had a lot of carbs. It tasted pretty sweet, but I can't be certain how many carbs it had. But it may just be my taste buds readjusting. I took a blood ketone test before lunch and the meter just said high. Yesterday, the ketone blood test showed 3.3 and the day before that was 1.1. So, three days of fasting put me in a very high rate of ketosis.
Now to finish the rest of the month doing squeaky clean keto. The restraunt we went to today had a salad bar. I put some shredded cheese on my salad just by habit before I remembered I was doing the squeaky clean keto challenge. So, instead of eating the cheese I just pushed it to the side.
A lot of the keto diet is really just about breaking old eating habits and creating a new relationship with food. A relationship where food is not in the center of everything. Changing your mind set from "living to eat" to "eating to live".
Comments
Post a Comment