5'7", 48 year old male
SW: 273 CW:217
Scale Victory:
Started my Keto journey 100 Days ago. I am now 56 pounds down. I started off with doing strict Keto, removing sugar, highly processsed foods, and caffeine from my diet. Yes, you can live without caffeine. After a few weeks of doing Keto I also started fasting. Normally my schedule works good with a 16:8 fasting schedule. But, have also done a couple of three day fast and a lot of 20:4 fasts. After the initial water weight loss, I have been averaging a two to three pound loss per week. One thing that helps a lot is keeping a journal of what you eat on a daily bases. I use Samsung health and help my wife uses Cronometer to track our food intake and our daily macros.
Non-Scale Victories:
I am on my third belt. I have gained incredible mental clarity. Also, I now have extra energy at the end of the day. The best part is having my oldest son ask me to go to the gym and work out with him. Then my youngest son asked me to start running with him. These are two teenage boys, who as most teenagers, would rather not be seen with their parents.
My wife received a prediabetic result from her doctor a few weeks ago and is now doing Keto with me. She also has MS and I am hoping it helps with her MS symptoms. Also, my brother and sister-in-law have joined the Keto journey with us.
If you have been thinking about doing Keto, quit thinking and just do it.
tl;dnr
Remember to KCKO (Keep Calm Keto On)!!!
SW: 273 CW:217
Scale Victory:
Started my Keto journey 100 Days ago. I am now 56 pounds down. I started off with doing strict Keto, removing sugar, highly processsed foods, and caffeine from my diet. Yes, you can live without caffeine. After a few weeks of doing Keto I also started fasting. Normally my schedule works good with a 16:8 fasting schedule. But, have also done a couple of three day fast and a lot of 20:4 fasts. After the initial water weight loss, I have been averaging a two to three pound loss per week. One thing that helps a lot is keeping a journal of what you eat on a daily bases. I use Samsung health and help my wife uses Cronometer to track our food intake and our daily macros.
Non-Scale Victories:
I am on my third belt. I have gained incredible mental clarity. Also, I now have extra energy at the end of the day. The best part is having my oldest son ask me to go to the gym and work out with him. Then my youngest son asked me to start running with him. These are two teenage boys, who as most teenagers, would rather not be seen with their parents.
My wife received a prediabetic result from her doctor a few weeks ago and is now doing Keto with me. She also has MS and I am hoping it helps with her MS symptoms. Also, my brother and sister-in-law have joined the Keto journey with us.
If you have been thinking about doing Keto, quit thinking and just do it.
tl;dnr
Remember to KCKO (Keep Calm Keto On)!!!
Comments
Post a Comment