Skip to main content

KETO Beginners Information

KETO Information
 
If you are planning on changing to a Ketogenic way eating, below are some web links and other information I have accumulated in my research. 


Websites
     Use the Macro Calculator on  www.ruled.me to find out your macros when you start.  The macros are essentially just how many grams of carbs, protein and fat you should eat in a day.


  https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

  https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/keto_in_a_nutshell

  http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/gluconeogenesis.html
 
 

GROCERY STAPLES
  FYI - Low Fat usually means higher sugar/carbs, so avoid low fat foods
  Some people opt out of dairy - it’s your choice to do so
  Almond Flour
  Coconut Flour
  Bacon
  Coconut oil
  Cheese - High fat
  Pecans
  Macadamia Nuts
  Walnuts
  Avocados
  Cream Cheese
  Sour Cream
  Heavy Whipping Cream
  Stevia - Pure Leaf
  Skinny Girl - Stevia Liquid Sweetener
  Eggs
  Lettuce for wraps
  Butter - Kerry Gold - Grass fed
  Bullet Proof Coffee - 1 tbs coconut oil - 1 tbs butter - Coffee - Blend
  Hamburger Patties - Walmart has brisket and higher fat patties
  Sriracha Mayo - condiment to add fat (Sriracha sauce and mayo mixed)
  Dark Chocolate (limited amounts a treat) - Ghiradeli 82%
  Pickle Juice - can be used for salt supplementation because of the amount of water consumed can flush minerals and salts out of your body
  WATER!!!!  
  Himalayan Sea Salt - has more minerals than regular salt???
  Morton Lite Salt - Can be used to supplement for salt and potassium
 
Food/Meal Tracking Phone Apps
  I use Samsung Health to Track my Meals on my phone
   Some other good trackers are Cronometer and Fitbit
 
 
Recipe Websites
  www.ruled.me


PODCASTS
  fasting talk
  2 keto dudes
  keto talk
  The living lavida low-carb show

BOOKS
  Jimmy Moore - Keto Clarity
  Jason Fung, MD - The Complete Guide to Fasting
  Jason Fund, MD - The Obesity Code  (I highly recommend this book)
  The Keto Diet - Leann Vogel
  The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners - Amy Ramos
  Quick and Easy Ketogenic Cooking - Maria Emmerich
  

DOCUMENTARIES - Netflix/Amazon/YouTube
  Fed-Up
  Sugar Coated
  That Sugar Film


  You Tube Channels
  Butter Bob Briggs
  Jason Fung
  Highfalutin’ Low Carb
  Keto Connect

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday -Lunch

We went out for lunch today and I ordered a Steak House Salad.  I would estimate it 3-4 cups salad, 6 oz. steak and ranch dressing.  Sometimes the problem with eating out is figuring out all the macros.  I estimate it to be around 600 -800 calories

Marathon Training - Week 2

Monday - Rain Today started week 2 of marathon training.   Today was a speed work day. On the schedule for today, was 3 sets of 1 mile runs at my 5K race pace. I did some stretches this morning before running which seemed to aggravate my ankle just a little.  Just for a little added challenge, it was raining with a blowing wind today.  It was a fairly warm 72F, so at least it wasn't a cold rain. I find that running in the rain helps your mental game by training your mind to deal with adversity.  It also helps you boost confidence. Suddenly when your the only one out running and you don't see any of the normal people you see out running you feel all the more like the toughest runner. For lunch, I had keto nachos made with pork rinds, hamburger, mozzarella cheese, and sour cream.  For dinner, we had pot roast and broccoli.

Marathon Training - Week Three

Sunday - Rest Day This week the milage jumps up.  On Monday and Wednesday I'll be running six miles and on Tuesday and Thursday five miles. Then on Saturday it will be 12 miles.  There may be some sweet equity involved this week. In any case today is a rest day.  So, this evening I will just be doing some stretching to get the muscles relaxed for this week. For lunch today I had steak and eggs and then afterwards are a few pecans.  If all goes as planned this should be my only meal for the day. Marathon training does require you to be extreme.  But it does requires daily consistency to slowly building up your endurance to achieve the extreme. Remember to Keep Calm and Keto On!